Thursday, September 27, 2007

Video & Quote of the Day



From the September 26th issue of New York magazine. Interview done by Tim Murphy:

Q: Is there anybody else's music you're really enjoying right now?
Joni Mitchell: No. [Laughs.] I couldn't listen to music for ten years, I hated it all. It all pissed me off.

One artist in particular?

No. Music just became grotesquely egocentric and made for money. It wasn't music — there was no muse. Music requires a muse. The producer is not a muse. He's a manufacturer. Contemporary music made me want to punch people. I couldn't stand any of it. The whoring, the drive-by shooting of it all. I don't care how well crafted it is. America is in a runaway-train position and dragging all the world with it. It's grotesquely mentally ill.

Rest of interview here.

2 comments:

reginald said...

I know that the world is a better place with Joni here...She makes us all "Shine" brighter...And I'm happy, truly happy, to have her back on the grind!

Lena said...

Finally a kindred spirit in hateration... love you Joni!