Sunday, July 13, 2008

Message From My Local Internet Cafe

My asthmatic, long suffering computer finally and permanently unplugged herself a few days ago, so this is being posted from my local internet cafe. A loaner computer is on its way from a friend, so hopefully I'll be putting up new posts and getting back to work soon. The last few days have been a whirlwind of panic, fear, elation (yay, I backed everything up) and mild despair (fuck me... I didn't back everything up?) It's been like having an internal organ just shut down. As The freelancer's gig (as you might imagine) doesn't allow for the creation of a nest egg you can break open for such emergencies, so I'm fundraising for a new computer that will be up to the task of completing the four books I'm currently working on (1 project on Hurricane Katrina, 2 novels, a collection of short stories and poems) as well as the film, music and hard-to-describe projects I have in the pipeline. If anyone would like to contribute to the cause, I'd be eternally grateful. Mailing info:

Ernest Hardy
PMB # 454
7095 Hollywood Blvd.
# 454
Hollywood, CA 90028

Paz, amor y gracias,
E

(Forgive my butchering of my grade-school Spanish.)

No comments: