Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Meltdowns

Last Friday's Blow Pop (the monthly club I co-host with Kim Hill and Jason Van Veen) was stressful as fuck but also one of our best nights. I was able to chat quite a bit with Rahsaan Patterson and eavesdrop as he kiki'd with Kim. But my night was made when I finally met N'Dambi, who dropped in and danced the night away with her man. N'Dambi and I spent almost half an hour talking about everything under the sun, including her forthcoming CD on Stax. She's in the process of mixing it. She sought out and got Leon Sylvers to produce, and we spent a huge chunk of our convo gushing in mutual admiration over Sylvers' undervalued skills. I hope to interview N'Dambi for my blog at some point in the coming months.

Yesterday, the blogosphere buzzed with news of Christian Bale's on-set meltdown after a DP strolled through the background while a scene was being shot. Apparently, it wasn't the first time the guy had ruined a scene in this way. Not that I'm making excuses for the tirade. And the hack film director McG is clearly useless to calm the situation: (Language is NSFW)


There's already a dance remix: (Language is NSFW)


Bale steals the crown from Patti Lupone, who made headlines a few weeks ago when she stopped the show mid-song in Broadway's "Gypsy" to berate an audience member and have him tossed out for taking pictures during her performance:


Then there are these legendary clips of Lily Tomlin and director David O. Russell going at it on the set of I Heart Huckabees. Language is NSFW:


No comments: