Friday, October 02, 2009

Me + Meshell...

Interviewed Meshell yesterday (Thursday, October 1) and it was a really great session. Her energy is lighter, more peaceful, than I think it's been since I've been interviewing her. (This was our 4th or 5th time gathered round the tape recorder.) And I'm digging the new CD a lot. I think folks who are longing for another Plantation or Peace might still grumble, but Devil's Halo is really doing it for me now, especially the instrumental title track, "White Girl," "Mass Transit" and "Bright Shiny Morning." The interview will run in the LA Weekly in a few weeks but my assigned word-count ain't that high so I'll try to post up, here, what falls to the editing-room floor.

"A wife's just a whore with a diamond ring..." - "Lola," from Devil's Halo.

4 comments:

suomynona said...

Looking forward to your uncut version :)

justhemusic said...

right on. Looking forward to the full version of your interview too. Thanks Mr Hardy (and thanks M for the link here)

derek

justhemusic said...

right on. Looking forward to the full version of your interview too. Thanks Mr Hardy (and thanks M for the link here)

derek

Brettoledo said...

seein as we first met at a me'shell show (at the Virgin Megastore where I overheard Askia ask her if it was time to go yet) I will certainly check out the latest convo...