Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Very Different Oral Experience...

Early this AM as I lost the battle with insomnia, I stumbled over these Youtube clips of Neneh Cherry's cooking show with her friend Andi, and immediately fell in love. The two women are earthy, bawdy, funny, sexy, and the food looks amazing. And despite the British accents, they tap into a cool Universal Black Woman vibe in their exchanges with each other and their dinner guests. The second clip in the "Comfort Food" segment seems to freeze up (at least on my computer) so I had to give up and move on to the third/final clip of that episode. I've also included two other episodes, also in three parts each. Enjoy. Oh, heads up: These women are not vegetarians.

















4 comments:

Lisa R said...

These women could get me to eat mutton.

Sharon Bridgforth said...

I really appreciate that you posted this! I love it. I'm a fan of Neneh Cherry/am always wondering what she is up to. They did a great job with this show...made me hungry...fo real though.

kill him is kim hill said...

yeah! I'm going to make the curry goat for you with and accent! DELISH! <3 it!

Kim said...

I lerve Neneh Cherry. I been sayin' I'm going to learn how to cook - this is inspiring me to get on it (plus the fact that my child can't live on macaroni and cheese a.k.a. the one thing I know how to make).